Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 1 {Binder Page Cover Tutorial}

Hey Y'all!
I'm back.  Like I promised.  It's Week 1 and I'm doing good.
Week one is the binder page cover tutorial.  I recently made one for a church calling, but you can make one for other things such as school, and just to organize.

Here are the supplies that you will be needing:
  1. A binder with a clear covering (so that you can see the page when you slip it in)
  2. Some scrapbook paper of your choice (preferably to match whatever you are making it for)
  3. A flower for embellishment (Stay tuned for a tutorial later on how to make inked flowers)
Now... Lets get started!
The first thing that you need to do is layer your scrapbook paper according to your liking.  Make sure that you measure how big your binder is so that the page cover can easily slip into it, but is not  too small.



Once you have your paper cut, you need to lay it out so it looks good.

Lay it out something like this so it creates a look of symmetry.


After that, glue it together (I would recommend using a glue stick and stacking books on it as it dries or rubber cement), and stand back to admire your work!



Come back next week and I promise I will have tutorial number two ready -- so get out your flowers and be ready to dry them!