Friday, July 1, 2011

Week 3 {Paper flowers with inked edges}

Okay, so I'm a little behind.  But that's okay, because I promise to do better.

Here's the tutorial for week 3:

Materials:
Buttons
(patterned or not) paper
Ink pad
Hot glue gun


For the flowers, I have a tutorial on how to make torn paper flowers.  Go to my blog, and click on 'older posts' a few times, you should see it pop up.

Now for the inking part.  Make sure to roll up  your sleeves because you will probably get ink on you.
Cut out your individual circles, and ink them one by one. You can either use a sponge dipped in an ink pad, or rub the circles on the ink pad by themselves. 


Tips:
There is no certain method to doing this, just keep going until it looks right.
Try not to go too crazy with it -- a little ink on the edges seems to work just great.
When you get to this point, DO NOT PUT YOUR FLOWER TOGETHER.  The ink will rub off and get all over your fingers.
I recommend letting them dry overnight, and in the morning, assemble your flower to your hearts content.
Enjoy!



*I did not take these pictures -- they were taken from blogs on the web.