Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Christmas Giggles



So my sister and I have this on-going joke
about funny things, in general.

My family has a strange sense of humor, you could say.
We laugh at things out of the norm.
Ridiculous.
Awkward.
Strange.
Funny.

We also like to laugh at ourselves, 
and the mistakes that we make.
It eases the tension.
And breaks up a dismal mood,
making it happy, instead.

So this year for Christmas, I decided to get my sister something fabulous.
Something that her and I could joke about.
Over and
Over again.

I found some pretty hilarious pictures on Pinterest.
I chose my two favorites.
And I sent them away to be developed.





Well, later that day,
I picked them up,
put them in a lovely frame,
and wrapped it up for Christmas.
When it came time to open our gifts,
I sat by in giddy anticipation.
And the look
on her face
was priceless.
It made me happy,
and she laughed.
And we laughed,
together.

And now every time she looks at the picture
hanging up in her room,
she will remember
that Christmas present
that gave her more than just a tangible object,
but a happy thought, reoccurring.
And we can both laugh, together.




What will you do to brighten someone's life?